Thursday, January 24, 2008

Vanessa

Here is Vanessa, all completed. Eventually! Honestly, I knitted the back in Tunisia in August, and didn't pick it up again till the New Year. When will I learn. I'm going for the Mastermind approach to knitting this year - I've started so I'll finish! It's the only way!

I am pleased with it overall, the yarn had a tendency to be "splitty" but has a lovely sheen and produces quite a neat even stitch.

Vanessa


Rowan Classic Art Book 10


Needles: Aero straights in UK size 10 and 8


Yarn: RYC Cashsoft DK Shade 00502 Bella Donna



I am off out again this evening. Eight of us from work are going to see Joseph at Malvern Theatres. Yes, I know I only saw Joseph in November, you can't see Joseph too many times in my opinion. This version stars Craig, who came third in the "Any Dream Will Do" show, my favourite overall, so it will be an interesting comparison between him and Lee Mead. I'll let you know what I think next time.


We are off to the Indian first, I hope they are ready for us!


I'm off to see mum tomorrow. I'm getting more concerned about her, and am wondering how much longer she can live on her own. She gets quite aggressive on the phone on a regular basis, and I've taken to mostly letting her phone me so that her mind is focussed on what she wants to ask me rather than me take her by surprise. Usually she's ok in her own environment, but she is definitely more muddled of late.

8 comments:

Auntie Noo said...

Vanessa is lovely! Hope you have a good day with your mum tomorrow

Linda said...

Vannesa is a lovely knit, the colour is pretty.

Melody said...

Your Vanessa is lovely Joy! Such lovely neat knitting.

dreamcatcher said...

Vanessa looks great, such a pretty colour too. I love RYC Cashsoft too!

Hope you enjoyed Joseph, and hope the visit with your mum goes well.

blog-blethers said...

Vanessa is just beautiful, Joy! And am so with you about the Mastermind approach, Magnus;) Well, in mind if not actual practice ... but when THESE WIP's are done, I'll be a reformed knitting character.

Hope you enjoyed Joseph. And my thoughts are with you about your mum. OH's family have just had to confront similar concerns regarding his mother... Its so hard seeing someone so independent relying more and more on family...

Linz Knits Now said...

Vanessa is just lovely.
I hope everything goes well on your visit to your mums, she will get her teddy when I can get hold of one :D


And good for you going to see your favourite Joseph...I did go and see Jason Donovan many many moons ago lol (with school...yeah THAT long ago ;0)

gilraen said...

Your Vanessa is fantastic!

Glad your visit to your mum was okay!

You look fantastic in the new coat and bag Joy, and doesn't your son look almost grown up!!

Jo028 said...

Your Vanessa is one of the nicest I've seen. Your new coat & bag are rather special too :) Glad you enjoyed your theatre trip.