Wednesday, September 10, 2008

No Purl Monkeys

These Monkey socks have been waiting for me to graft the toes for weeks! I was knitting them in Portugal can you believe. These socks are the no purl version of the Monkey pattern which does exactly what it says on the tin!

Our camera is in it's death throes, so sadly the photos aren't up to much :-( however I hope that you can still see how the pattern just flows in this version.


Pattern: No Purl Monkeys
Adapted by CraftyPancakes
Needles: Lantern Moon dpns # 2.5mm
Yarn: Natural Dye Studio Mirage Merino/Tencel 4ply/Sock
Size UK # 7













I have Kathryn from Knitting Haven to thank for the yarn, which was a lovely gift in a Secret Santa swap last year.

I'm not sure I am done with the Monkey pattern yet...................................... ;-)
I wonder if I should qualify my comment about Bridge Over Troubled Water. It was Art Garfunkel's "Bright Eyes" that did for me and put me off all things S&G.

12 comments:

Auntie Noo said...

Monkeys are looking great!

mmm Bright Eyes wasn't one of AG's better efforts. but that was him alone and some several years after he and PSimon split. Their stuff together is iconic..... but obviously that's just my opinion! I'm going to see AG in October and I'm very excited, he has a voice that would break your heart.

Paula said...

Gorgeous socks.

blog-blethers said...

What beautiful socks, Joy! Gorgeous pattern and stunning choice of yarn...

Loved your entries about Stevie Wonder and the Iknit day.

Thank you so much for my award - it really touched me. Thank you, Joy.

gilraen said...

You might be done when you knit 17 Monkeys?? :)

They are gorgeous :)

Anonymous said...

The socks are beautiful, I really love the yarn you've used.

Linda said...

The socks are lovely in that yarn, I like dye studio stuff.

kathryn said...

I'm sure I've already commented on these monkey socks - but I can't find where it's gone....They're really lovely, very pretty.

Oh and I've got an award for you!
http://kathrynsknitting.blogspot.com/2008/09/awards.html

Kath said...

Love those Monkeys - really great colours! Sounds like you've been having a fab old time what with Birmingham and I-Knit - great pictures as well!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous socks and love the colour of the yarn.

Frankie said...

They're gorgeous, and the no-purl bit sounds lovely too.

sparkleduck said...

In real life, do the purple and green bits of the yarn show up all over the sock, or just the heel? They're my favourite colours, and I wouldn't want them to go AWOL...
It's incredible how colour pooling shows itself!

Joy said...

My favourite colours too.

They do show up pretty much, but in a more subtle way. It's lovely yarn :-)