Monday, August 25, 2008

Ravelympic Knitting

Thank you all for the messages you left regarding my Wedding Anniversary. We had a lovely evening out together.

Now then, haven't the Olympics been wonderful :-). "We've got another gold" has been a familiar refrain Chez Aknita this last fortnight, and I have to say that the British cyclists, swimmers, rowers, everyone, have been inspirational.

And perhaps now I can keep "proper" hours. I like my sport "live" and Paula - it was my pleasure to stay up with you last weekend and watch a brave and gutsy run.

This last fortnight has also seen the Ravelympics :-) and after a change of project, these are the two knits I started and completed while the Olympics were in progress.

Firstly, this little jumper for my friend Sarah's little boy's first birthday. It was knitted using Sirdar Snuggly dk, and I used UK sized needles 10 and 8, my old favourites.






Isn't the Birthday Boy just LOVELY :-)


He's going to be a real charmer!

And my second project, Monkey socks. I had to knit Monkeys during the Olympics, I have very fond memories of the TV show ( usually watched late at night with the aid of alcohol ) and as the BBC chose Monkey for their trailers, I have every reason to think I had made a good choice.
I tried so hard for a matching pair, alas it was not to be, but my good friend Gilraen has pointed out to me that by not matching they look hand crafted so I feel much better about them.
The yarn was lovely to work with. I was lucky enough to win it in a RFL auction ( thank you Noo and Gilraen ) and had intended it for Binty's RFL prize. But it had to be socks!
Monkey Socks
Yarn: Wollmeise Sockenwolle 100% superwash merino
Colour: Regenbogen
Needles: 2.5mm Lantern Moon dpns
















I am left wondering what to make next. Off to investigate the stash for inspiration.

7 comments:

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

great knitting, I especially love the socks:)

Linz Knits Now said...

I love these socks! I think the colours are fabulous and the pattern really shows the yarn off.

Anonymous said...

Your socks are just amazing!!!!

Ally Jay said...

I love sirdar snuggle, it goes forever and they have such great patterns.

Linda said...

What a super cute baby! I love the sweater, its a nice colour.

gilraen said...

The sweater is gorgeous and the model so beautiful and cute!!! I adore your socks, they are very special indeed!!

I have given you a 'special award' and you deserve it loads :)

http://gilraensknits.blogspot.com/2008/08/awards-time.html

Barbra Szabrowicz said...

The sweater looks great, even better on the little guy.:)
The socks are really something, love the colors.:)