Thursday, June 5, 2008

A Posh Forest Canopy

This went off in the post yesterday. It's recipient doesn't know it's on it's way, and I don't think she reads my blog so I'm not spoiling any surprises. I wish I had though to take a photo of the yarn on the skein, it has knitted so very differently to how I imagined, and I do hope you can see from the photos how beautifully the colours work.
edited to add thanks to rooknits - she has pointed out that there is a photo of the yarn on Dee's Blog you just have to scroll down a little till you get to the Sojourn colour.

Sophia is beautiful to knit with. Remember the old question, "what's lighter, a ton of coal or a ton of feathers?" I'd swear 100g of Sophia is lighter than 100g of other sock yarns ;-). I used all but 1g of two skeins, there are three extra pattern repeats but only six border rows.

I'm not sure I can brave the 6:00 pm stampede very often - I've only done it twice - but I will have to knit with this yarn again at some stage. I do have some Sophia 2-ply laceweight stashed away that I bought at Wonderwool Wales, I'll have to try that soon.


Forest Canopy Shoulder shawl

Yarn: Posh Yarn Sophia 100% Cashmere

Colour: Sojourn

Needles: 5mm Aero straight needles









It's a lovely sunny day. I'm off in a tick to spend it with mum. She had a Garden Centre voucher for her birthday, so I think that's where we are headed if the rain holds off.

14 comments:

Linda said...

Its beautiful. I have owned Posh yarn once and have some from a swap but I never brave the stampede either! Have a great time at the garden centre.

Knittingmama said...

Absolutely stunning! The recipiant (wink, wink) will be blown away.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful hues in this one, Joy!

Wonderful. You have an eye for the yarns that make this shawl so special.

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

as always Joy it looks incredible:) You are definately queen of the FCS's:)

Auntie Noo said...

Looks lovely - the colours are so rich. I don't do that stampede thing either... what are we like eh?

gilraen said...

It is just wonderful Joy!! The rich depth and variation in the colours are stunning!! :)

dreamcatcher said...

Another lovely FCS, the colours are amazing in it, very "moody" :-)

terri said...

It's lovely!! The colours are a bit like a peacock tail:-)

RooKnits said...

It's gorgeous colours and a wonderful shawl. It's one that is on my list of things to knit... when I can decide what yarn to use!

RooKnits said...

P.s. I had a brain wave, the skeined yarn is still on the PY website - http://poshyarn.co.uk/blog/?p=399

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous shawl!

Anonymous said...

another gorgeous FCS. I love the colours.

Lobug said...

That is absolutely lovely!! You make such beautiful things!

Sandra said...

Joy, that is gorgeous. Lovely colours and beautifully knitted, as always.