Monday, October 13, 2008

Forest Canopies are like Buses .............

......... you don't see one for ages, then three come along at once ;-)

This first one was knitted using size 7 Aero knitting needles and is a recent Yarn Yard Club Yarn. The lovely foresty colours made it a perfect choice for a new Autumn shawl and it's all mine :-)

The main skein of yarn went on FOR EVER and so I have fourteen pattern repeats and eighteen border rows with absolutely none of the main colour left aside from yarn from the cast on and cast off!

All of my shawls have names, there's my Dreamcatcher shawl, my Art Deco shawl, and now this - my Norway shawl :-)









Secondly, this shawl is on the way to none other than Jo, who is sadly blogless but nevertheless is the undisputed Queen of Cardigans. Again, it was knitted using size 7 Aero needles, this time the yarn is Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn and the shade is Birches.





I do hope you like it Jo.


And finally, something a little different. Knitted using 5.5 mm needles ( and I am pleased to say that I only had to resort to nasty circular needles for the border ) this shawl was knitted using two skeins of Colinette DK ( the one they had before Cadenza ) in # Sahara.
It's on the way to a friend who hasn't been feeling well recently - I hope it's bright enough to cheer her up :-)




1

The last two shawls were blocked using my new blocking wires - oh how I love my blocking wires :-)


There are times when the right equipment really does make a difference





14 comments:

Kath said...

Lovely FCS as always - can't decide what colour I like best!

RooKnits said...

They are all gorgeous. How long do they take you?

Linz Knits Now said...

They are all stunning! and i'm so envious of the 2 lucky recipients, although I don't envy the fact that one was poorly (i'm sure she'll thank me for that lol). I love the colours in the one you've made for yourself - just very now isn't it?

I've dug my rainbow one back out again...hopefully i'll get it finished ;)

fran said...

Joy, you always make such beautiful shawls and whenever you finish one i always think "oh, it's beautiful, i should make one like that for myself"

But now i don't have to! :oD

Thankyou so much, i will imagine a hug from a friend every time i wear it xx

Linda said...

They are beautiful, I love the colours.

Joy said...

By and large it takes me six to seven days between casting on, pinning out and blocking.

I have a real affinity with this lovely pattern, I have one more planned at present, and then I am going to try something else altogether.

Joy said...

Me again! It was very remiss of me not to have thanked you all in my last comment for all your lovely comments!

Thank you :-)

gilraen said...

I always love seeing your beautiful shawls!!! I can't wait to show mine (the one you knitted me) off at work! :)

Paula said...

They are all gorgeous.

Linda said...

Some beautiful shawls there Joy. :0) I love the colour of yours. :0)
And aren't blocking wires fab?!

WildPurl said...

The shawls are all just lovely, Joy, all the colours are beautiful, and so different. I also like the sound of your workshop. It does make such a difference to have someone show you how to do things and make you do it yourself.

kathryn said...

They're all lovely but I especially like the CTH birches.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. My favorite is the Norway one, ofcourse. And I couldnt live without my blocking wires now. Had to block a scarf the other day without them and it was a nightmare.

Anonymous said...

Joy just read your blog for the first time in ages - and yes I do love my silver birches FC very much. Thank you so much :)

Love Jo x