Saturday, July 12, 2008

Reasons to be Cheerful.....

.............. One, two, three :-)

Life chez Aknita has been a bit grim recently :-( work, elderly parents, children, you name it and they have taken their toll. I love the late great Ian Dury, and am trying very hard to take a leaf out of his philosophy, hence the title of the post. That, and I am quite sure that my reader doesn't come here to read doom and gloom - believe me there's enough of it ;-)

No, it's knitting and Tour de France all the way here :-)

I love sport, and have real heroes. Mark Cavendish has today joined the list of sportsmen and women I respect and admire. Today is not the day for recriminations and EPO, it's a day of celebration.

The canapé is finished. Knitted blocked and done within a week. I REALLY like this :-) it was knitted using 4.5mm needles, there are four pattern repeats and ten border rows. The yarn, of course, was from Natalie at The Yarn Yard and I just love the way the monochrome colours "work".





There were 4g of yarn left over. And don't forget, it COULD be yours!


And finally, another reason to be cheerful. DS2 looking all grown up for last night's prom




Isn't his "date" beautiful :-)


10 comments:

Terri said...

The FCS looks lovely, I too like the colour:-) I have to admit to enjoying watching Mark Cavendish too.............mmmmmmm LOL!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The shawl is lovely. Congratulations on finishing it.

And your son is so cute! He and his date look so excited to be heading out.

gemma said...

Well done on the shawl, my word I have my work cut out for me in the polka dot category! And yes your son's young lady is lovely, and the DS "scrubs up" all right too!

Linda said...

Hope your son and his date had a good time on their night out - they look so grown up. :0)

I *LOVE* the colour of your FCS Joy, it's beautiful. I think this is my favourite so far - although I think that about all of them. ;0)

Melanie Gloerfelt said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! How in the WORLD did you keep track of your increases and your lace? I am in awe!

Linz Knits Now said...

The FCS in monochrome is just stunning!!


Great pics of your DS and his date too :D

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

Well done Joy as usual your shawl is fantastic:)

Knittingmama said...

Once again you have created something gorgeous. Oh, the shawl is lovely, too. :-)

Linda said...

The shawl is beautiful, I love the colour. That is a lovely picture of your son and his friend.

kathryn said...

What a lovely couple your son and his girlfriend make!

And I love the colour of this FCS.