Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Mist

This is Mist and it's a Kim Hargreaves kit. I looked and looked at it last year, and finally succumbed in July. I started it three weeks ago - in actual knitting time I'd say it took me about a week, but I spent a lot of time faffing about on other things as usual.

It's been very hard to photograph and looks much better irl I think. I am very pleased with it, even though I did knit the back twice! The 40" back was enormous, so I went down a size and a good thing too :-)

The construction was interesting - I have never knitted a left sleeve and a right sleeve - and also there was a lower and upper half which involved knitting a little, casting off and picking up again using a smaller needle before carrying on again with the larger needles. I didn't bother with all that malarkey when I started, but I am pleased I did in the end because it gives the jacket a lovely tailored look.

Mist: by Kim Hargreaves

Yarn: Rowan Chunky Print # Tart

Needles: 8mm Pony straights, 7mm Aeros

Size: 38"








4 comments:

Linda said...

It does look nice. I regret not getting that kit as it was on sale but I did too much umming and arring and then it was gone!! I like the colour you chose.

gilraen said...

I love it!! another classic knit Joy. :D

Anonymous said...

Another lovely knit, it has turned out perfectly, Kim Hargreaves has the Midas touch when it comes to perfecting her patterns.

murdo said...

Absolutely beautiful. The colour is really sumptious and the design is classy too.