Monday, February 4, 2008

Kolsva

Here I am again, shamelessly blogging away to relieve you all of your virtual 50p's! This is Kolsva from Noro Revisited by Cornelia Tuttle Hamilton. I am so pleased with it. I bought the yarn in July 2006 when I visited a "cake day" at Angel Yarns and it lay forgotten for months until Pictish knitted hers and I was reminded I had the yarn too.

The pattern - well it's more "guidelines" than pattern as Captain Barbosa would say - was a test of skill and ingenuity in parts, especially the sleeve shapings, but well worth the effort. It's also a very quick knit too.

I though it was time for a modelled photo - even though I had worked a night shift the night before it was taken and had had about four hours sleep. And if you click the photo you can see the lovely earrings I had for Christmas from an equally lovely cyber friend.

Kolsva
Yarn: Noro Kochoran #14
Needles: 6mm Millwards
Size: large to fit 40"







Thanks again for all your comments so far this month, I am very appreciative of you all.

8 comments:

Linz Knits Now said...

Kolsva is just beautiful...the colour and the shaping really suit you too :D


Well there's another 50p too I guess ;)

Auntie Noo said...

It looks forgeous! and just right for this chilly weather!

Linda said...

Beautiful colours, they suit you.

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

a lovely colour and suits you well:) Think of the pattern as a challenge, he who dares and all that:))

Anonymous said...

It is a GORGEOUS knit Joy and really does suit you!!! And so do the earrings *wink*

dreamcatcher said...

Kolsva is lovely, and a great fit!

Hawkesley said...

You look very lovely in your new jumper. The Noro colours are gorgeous!!

Curly Cable said...

Your Kolsva is fantastic, I love the colours. they really suit you, and what pretty earings too, they really go well with Kolsva :)