Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Parents Evening

Oh dear!!!!! Yesterday evening was Parents Evening for DS2 who is in Year 10. He had managed to book us three appointments with his teachers ( out of a possible eight!! ) but hadn't bargained for our persistence in seeing every one of them, appointment or not. I do believe he had a short sharp shock last night - there's nothing like being there while your parents hear EXACTLY what your teachers think of you to concentrate the mind!

He also hadn't bargained for having done very poorly in his exams just before half term. I don't think I have unrealistic expectations of what he can achieve, but I do want him to do himself justice which at the moment he isn't.

On a more positive note, he is doing extremely well in music and drama, so it isn't all doom and gloom. And he is popular and well liked, which is always nice to know.

2 comments:

gilraen said...

Being well-liked is an achievement these days Joy!

And maybe he takes after you in that respect anyway :)

So long as they are happy I'm happy too.

T said...

I agree, happiness and being liked are more important. He can always take exams later too. I did A levels when I was 27!