Tuesday, February 7, 2012

All Change Please

Well, here we are in the second month of 2012 already! Doesn't time fly!

I've found recently that I have come back to my blog in order to look something up, and do you know, every time I do so I realise how much I've missed blogging and how remiss I have become. 

So, it's time to start again, I think. For one thing, I have more time to blog now as I retired from work at the end of 2011. It came as a great surprise to me that I should want to retire early after some 38 years of nursing, but once the decision had been made I could barely wait. And almost six weeks in I'm not missing things at all! People yes, but not the work. 

There is so much knitting to show you that I haven't done, but it's all on Ravelry so maybe that's the place to leave it and we'll start with 2012.

So far this year I have completed a pair of toe-up socks for my son-in-law, knitted leaves and loomed flowers for a friend's forthcoming wedding, knitted and felted a pair of slippers, knitted a pair of vanilla socks and also a dishcloth for a swap. Quite a variety to start the year!









Hopefully, you won't have to wait so long for another update :-)

2 comments:

PixieMum said...

Hi Joy,

I tried to respond to your new blog when it was first posted but my efforts disappeared into a virtual dustbin.

Just to say how lovely all your knitting is, I'm amazed always how much others achieve.

Trust you are enjoying the freedom to choose to do what you want to rather than be regulated by work pressures.

Look forward to more blogs from you.

kathryn said...

Nice to see you! I love your felted slippers - all my attempts have ended with completely unwearable distorted shapes, yours are perfect.