Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Works in Progress

Two nights down, one to go, and as usual when I get home am I tired? No, I'm flipping well not, I have taken DS to school and stopped at the bakers for a danish pastry which has now mysteriously vanished, and I thought, as today is my actual bloggiversary I'd share some WIPS. And yes, I know, one thing at a time, I said, but WISPS aside, this is what I am working on at present.

First of all a mad rush to knit a FCS for my dear friend Yvonne's birthday. I thought I had until the 15th for this, but she is going away and the last time I will see her is this coming Monday. I started yesterday afternoon, and have six more repeats to go which allows for three extra repeats. Time for speedy knitting I think. I am using some of Chrissy's yarn which I bought at Woolfest last year.

This is as far as I got with the Debbie Bliss Ribbed Cardigan and I am dithering regarding size. The back measures 10" as it is, I know the tension says 4x4 when slightly stretched, the thing is how slight is slightly?

And the Sirdar Jacket 8976 is coming along nicely. I started last Thursday, and have finished both sleeves too.


I like the stitch definition very much.




And finally, a bit of fun. I found this last night, and wasn't in the least bit surprised to find that even my brain can't make it's mind up!!!!!!!!!!!!




You Are 50%Left Brained, 50% Right Brained







The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.

Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.

If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.

Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.



The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.

Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.

If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.

Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.





6 comments:

Auntie Noo said...

I got 65% left-sided... I'm surprised it's not even more than that really as I've always considered myself a "left-side brain" person!!! The knitting all looks lovely. Hope you get tired soon!!!! :)

kathryn said...

Hmm..I'm 55% Left..

Love the colours of your latest FC. Now "slightly stretched"??

The ribbing in your link picture of the finished cardi definitely looks as if its been blocked out to be stretched iyswim. The rib looks opened and not just where it's clinging.

I like the bobbles amongst the ribs.

Linda said...

I love the lace and the Debbie Bliss knit is nice too. I was 65% left, not really what I expected!

gilraen said...

I'm 65% right sided. I love the ribbed cardigan!!! I never noticed it before!!! Thanks :)

Lovely knits :D

Linz Knits Now said...

aw I nicked your brain quiz and forgot to publish my post. I looked in on the comments and wondered where mine was, then I remembered lol

Your knits are as gorgeous as ever but I really love how the peru is knitting up. The ribby looks a bit complicated, i've never really done bobbles before but they look cool.




I guess oranges aren't the only fruit ;) lol

dreamcatcher said...

What gorgeous WIPs, your latest FCS is looking fab!