Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Good Days, Bad days

This afternoon I am going to see Joseph :-) Not for the first time I hear you say, and you'd be right of course, but that won't stop me! The residents Chez Aknita are of the opinion that I am now into double figures - I haven't a clue, I've given up counting! All I know is that I shall leave the theatre lighter and brighter in spirits - what more could one ask.

I had a lovely day on Saturday too. I drove across to Knighton to visit First 4 Yarns as part of a Posh Ravelry group meet up. It was lovely to meet friends old and new, I took my camera but omitted to take photos *rolls eyes* but spending an afternoon in the company of like-minded people is a VERY GOOD THING in my opinion. Lisa and her mum made us all very welcome, and the cakes were just yummy. I also got to see Rooknits February Lady Sweater which was simply wonderful.

What made the afternoon even more special was the discovery that my cousin lived next door to the shop. How cool is that! ( If I were to tell you that my mother was one of 13 children and my father one of 12, you will perhaps understand that I have more cousins than you could shake a stick at, some even that I haven't met so forgive me for not having known he lived there )

It was lovely to go in and say "hello" again, and meet his family. It was the perfect end to a lovely day.

These lovely days I find help me to cope. With regard to work, I go in and come home and that's it. I see it as a means to an end, it's what allows me to have the lovely times above so I can cope with it for that.

I had a not-so-good day with mum on Friday who is definitely deteriorating :-( so balance is definitely required.

Tomorrow I am spending with my nephew. I remain positive, but I'm afraid the occasional wobble creeps up on me every now and then. His first round of treatment is over, but it has caught up with him and so there are good and bad days. I want to shout at the world!

Thank goodness for knitting to focus the mind. Here are a pair of Fetchings, knitted as my contribution to a Strictly Come Dancing sweepstake prize on Ravelry, made for HelenK.

They were knitted using 4mm dpns and using around 1.5 balls of Mission Falls 1824 Aran which was simply a pleasure to knit with. I'm not sure the picot edge is as intended, but there you are.





3 comments:

RooKnits said...

It was lovely to see you too Joy. Thank you for the lovely comments about my FLS. Hugs to you - I promise another afternoon of knitting with like minded people, in Malvern very soon...

Linda said...

It does sound like a great day, its a small world sometimes! The little doll shawl in your previous post is lovely.

blog-blethers said...

What a lovely afternoon and very pleasant surprise, re-discovering family... Will be keeping fingers crossed for health improvements for your nephew.

You're obviously my knitting guru at the moment, Joy:o) You've seen how you've corrupted me with the FC addiction - and now I've ordered needles and yarn to make a pair of Fetchings! Yours are such a beautiful shade.