Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Mosquitos 8 Aknita 0

I realise that I have been AWOL for some time, for which I apologise. The wonderful Cookie A workshop ( more on that soon ) was followed rapidly by a holiday in Sharm el Sheikh at this wonderful hotel and what a wonderful holiday it was.

I never cease to be amazed that just a few plane hours away is a place where the sun always shines. I love the Red Sea area and it's resorts, and would go back in a whisper.

Here are a few photos, in no particular order. This first one, for example, was taken from the coach window when we left. It was the first time I had set foot through the front of the hotel since I had arrived!!!!!!!

Here I am in my usual post prandial haunt - the bar. There's nothing quite like a daiquiri after lunch - or before come to that ;-)

And here I am on our patio with a sock. I took a set of bamboo dpn's on the plane without any trouble, and managed a pair of ladybird socks while I was away. Mohammed, Saad and Khalid who made life by the pool so relaxing and comfortable, named me Mrs Tricot ;-)

Doesn't the pool look wonderful. Mr A is an even earlier bird than I am, hence the paler skies and lack of sunbed use, it was around 7:00 am.


This is Baron Boulevard, leading from the hotel to the beach.


And a view back towards the hotel from the jetty - which was very wibbly wobbly I can tell you.


The pool was fab. Honestly, the most taxing part of my day involved deliberating whether it would be the beach or the pool!! The pool was closer..........

Just look at that sky!






Oh and the mosquitoes? Little beggars, they seem to like me. I use a mosquito spray, wear no perfumed products, use after sun with a repellant in, use a coil in the hotel room and STILL they bite me! I must be made of good stuff!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

RooKnits said...

looks fabulous! I hope you had a wonderfully relaxing time

Linda said...

What a wonderful place!

kathryn said...

You look so relaxed and happy in your photos - I hope you've still got at least a little of your holiday relaxation with you! It looks a wonderful place.