Monday, July 16, 2007

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Stage Eight: Le Grand-Bornand - Tignes




You've guessed it, I am tinking again! Lifeline? Moi? Mais non mes amis, je n'avez pas un Lifeline. And what do I advise anyone when knitting lace? Oh yes, that's it - use a lifeline!
"I'm counting" are the two most feared words in the Aknita household.

I may only be knitting along with these cyclists but by God I feel their pain! There will be SERIOUS REPURCUSSIONS chez Aknita should I have to tink one more row! I am bad tempered and nowty, and poor Mr A is a quivering wreck!

I don't understand why I keep on getting row 3 wrong. This isn't my first FC, but I am making very heavy weather of it at the moment! I really hate it when my knitting goes to pot!

I have to admit to an injury too - I was so nowty when I left for work that I attempted to slam the front door - only to find I had left my foot in the way.
Perhaps I too should have a rest day today too along with the rest of the pelaton! And follow my own advice and use a lifeline!


Conratulations to those who stayed the course yesterday, and commiserations to those who didin't! And well done too to Rasmusson on the chicken run, and well done to Christina who can really pick a winner.



It's such great fun taking part in the Tour de France KAL what I really like is that we are all doing our own "thing" and not all knitting the same thing at the same time. Each to their own strengths. A bit like the riders - some climbers, some sprinters and some good all-rounders, and it's great seeing everyones progress photos. What I've not been good at though is visiting blogs, so I shall remedy that very soon.

3 comments:

belaybunny said...

Oh no, I can feel your pain :( I kept knitting the same row wrong over and over again on my mountain shawl, that's why I frogged it in a rage and started something else. I hope you can get it sorted soon and that peace will descend over the malvern hilss once more ;) Maybe you should hang a sign on your door saying "do not enter, artist at work!!" or something similar to warn the Mr.

Auntly H said...

I'm sure you'll master row 3 - just work on it when the Tour is *not* on TV. :)

Piglottie said...

Ouch! Sorry to hear about your injury Joy but I hope you are back on the mountains soon :) I too am having problems with lace - maybe there's some bad mojo in the air :)