Monday, September 1, 2008

Spontaneity!

A busy family life at home, coupled with work and other recent family commitments has meant that Mr A and I have had to plan any social events together weeks in advance.

With DD in Corfu, DS2 out for the day, and me with a day off on a Sunday we found ourselves in the unusual position of both being at home with no plans, which is unheard of recently. Usually Mr A is visits his parents, but has been doing so a lot recently and decided a weekend in the garden was necessary. I know I go gadding off here there and everywhere, but time spent in a leisurely fashion with Mr A is rare and to be treasured.

The weather scuppered Mr A's day in the garden yesterday, so without having made previous plans, we went out! The photo below, believe it or not, is of Worcester. Worcester Hight Street is a mass of 60's concrete, yet Worcester is a medeival city, and this is Friar Street, 2 rows behing the High Street. It's a haven of independent shops and charming restaurants and I love it.




We took ourselves to Cafe Rouge for a lovely meal ( Poulet Breton for me, yum yum ) and then went to the cinema to watch The Dark Night. Heath Ledger was mesmeric as The Joker, but overall the film was too long, and disappointed.

Still, every cloud has a silver lining, as Mr A has agreed to come and see Mama Mia with me :-)

I have been awarded an award by Gilraen which was a lovely surprise. As soon as I can work out how the photo fits in my sidebar I will fulfill my part of the award!

By the way - have any of your children's words become part of everyday family vocabulary? For example, we don't go the the cinema, we go to the similar, a fire engine is a firing engine, and the telephone is the teffytone. Or is it just us who are completely bonkers ;-)

3 comments:

Barbra Szabrowicz said...

Wow, that looks like a wonderful place to spend some time:)

blog-blethers said...

Sounds like a wonderful day out, Aknita. I know what you mean about treasured time ... MrB and I were trying the recall the last time we had a weekend without one of the amassed brood and their associated friends. It was 9 years ago when we were long distance dating!!!

Linda said...

That sounds like a great time. My son used to call ping pong balls peepumbles ... I still think of that to say ping pong ball!