A little while go I was tagged by Audrey and have been thinking about this post for a while. Here are the rules.
1: Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2: People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3: At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
4: Don't forget to leave them a comment and tell them they're tagged, and to read your blog.
So, here goes, completely random and not in any particular order...........
1. I played the viola when I was a child, and was in the County Youth Orchestra ( Montgomeryshire ) and once played in the Welsh National Youth Orchestra in a competition in Stuttgart. I haven't played the Viola for over 30 years as it was a county instrument and so it was returned when I left school.
2. Speaking of school I hated it with a passion. Hated it. I crossed off every single day of my last year on the calendar, and did the bare minimum required of me to get the qualifications I needed to become a nurse. The teachers who taught me had all taught my brother, and I gave up trying to live up to their expectations of me based on his abilities. This sadly has stayed with me all these years, and my brother and I enjoy an uneasy relationship.
3. I love being a nurse. I have never wanted to be anything else, nor could I imagine doing anything else. However, I despair of our NHS and what it has become, and find myself longing for "the good old days". When we were actually able to do our job without mountains of paperwork and beurocracy and targets and actually CARE for people. And their families. In safe clean environments. And actually do hands on care. Oh I miss that!
4. I am inordinately proud of my children.
5. I find the older I get the less I care about what people think of me, and have developed an unfortunate habit of saying what I think, which doesn't always win friends and influence people! I have always stood up for the underdog, and am a socialist ( note the small "s" ) at heart but in this day and age find it impossible to vote Labour. I have always had a rebellious nature and habit of doing as I pleased and was very unconventional back in the 70's. Meeting Mr A and having children reigned me in for a few years, but I am gradually going back to my old ways. And loving it!
6. Several years ago I had a slipped disc which resulted in my having a dropped foot and very little sensation in my right leg below my knee It is most disconcerting to have an itch, scratch it, not be able to feel the scratch yet relieve the itch! I was told by my consultant that I would never walk properly again, let alone work, and I've proved him wrong on both counts. I have thrown my splint away, and occasionally fall flat on my face when my foot doesn't work or I'm tired, but it won't beat me!
7. I LOVE football. Love it passionately. I love nothing better than being in the Kop at Anfield sing and chanting - there is something very tribal about it - and it's been a magical place for me since I first went there back in the early 70's. I shall be very sad when the old stadium goes, but that's "progress" I guess.
8. I am VERY stubborn - the original immovable object - and I am NEVER wrong! Although I can always see the other point of view, and have been known to play devil's advocate, I KNOW I am always right!
So there you have it! Eight random things about me. Now then, I am going to be very naughty here, and not tag anyone - ever the rebel - but say please, if you'd like to, post eight random things about yourself.
Finished project and sunshine
1 day ago