Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Over the Moon!

I'm such a happy Aknita tonight! Liverpool have beaten the Special One and his Chelsea team in the Champions League semi final and we are on our way to Athens on May 23rd.

The observant among you will notice in my sidebar that something else is happening on May 23rd - the Race for Life. I am going to see if I can transfer to the Worcester Race on June 10th. I may not be able to, but it still appears to be open to entries so I shall try. And after all, it doesn't matter WHERE I run the race - it's the doing of it that counts!

I can't tell you all how chuffed I am!

Now then my shawl. As you know I received the most beautiful yarn for my birthday, some of which was a skein of Poshyarn Emily in Recite from the lovely Pictish. Thank you again btw for this lovely present! It's my first skein of Posh Yarn but it won't be the last I'm sure! I decided to make a Forest Canopy Shawl with it and ran out of yarn on the second bind off row. To run out so close to the end was hard to take - and I thought I had accommodated my yarn shortage by knitting 2 less border rows. Cast on on Friday evening, it should have been blocking Monday evening - it's a surprisingly quick knit.



There was much weeping and wailing yesterday but I'm over it! It's only a ball of wool after all, but I have to say a huge big thank you to everyone who has offered help - your offers are all much appreciated. Watch this space ........... there will be a happy ending!

I am so excited! This will be the first month in which I receive Yarnyard Sock Club yarn, also my Under Cover Club* yarn was posted today. It's stalk the postman time again!

I have also been very remiss of late - so let me put things right. For those of you who have special birthdays / family celebrations coming up, look no further than Piglottie Productions for your special card - being sold for a very good cause. I am lucky enough to have bought some of these cards and it's going to be hard to hand them over to their recipients when the time comes.


* Under Cover Club - Courtesy of The Yarn Grove - "Everyone is knitting socks and we are too. But The Yarn Grove is going Under Cover to add some diversity to our knitting. SHHHHH....don't tell the socks...it could cause an uprising. Would you like a change of pace, a finished item that covers more than your feet? We are going to make it easy and fun Here it is: The Under Cover Club will go for 8 months. Each month you will receive 1 skein of O-Wool Classic organic yarn (different color each month) and 2 patterns. Each pattern will make a 12" block. The patterns will begin with impressive but simple stitches and continue with more complex stitches each month. The finished result will be 16 blocks in 8 colors with 16 different patterns to be sewn together to give you an heirloom quality "Under Cover". Instructions will be given on putting them all together. Being that we are going Under Cover, the patterns will not have a picture but you will see them develop as you knit. Special surpises too! First Month: 1 skein O-Wool Classic Organic Yarn 2 patterns 1 Under Cover Club Tote 1 Binder for patterns Each month after you will receive: 1 Skein O-Wool Classic Organic Yarn (different color each month) 2 patterns Special gifts (Really, special gifts)"

9 comments:

Hawkesley said...

Your Forest Canopy Shawl looks beautiful and the yarn is such a pretty colour. I hope you sort out your yarn shortage problem and can get it finished.

dreamcatcher said...

Looking forward to seeing the finished shawl, glad you have sorted out some yarn to cast off with :-) Love the colours!

belaybunny said...

I love your FCS. See, I told you you'd beat me to it!!! ;) Looking forward to seeing the contrasting yarn you use. My dad is very happy too - he's a fellow liverpool supporter!

T said...

The shawl is going to be beautiful, glad you have a solution thanks to good friends :D

That 'Under Cover Club' was so tempting to me, and I have had such good service from the Yarn Grove. DH had a parcel delivered to his hotel in the US from the lovely Jane :D

Piglottie said...

Congratulations to you and Liverpool!!! The FCS is stunning and shall watch with anticipation for the happy ending. Thank you so much for your lovely words and 'advertising' for my cards - I'm glad you're happy with them. To be honest, I dont know how I'm going to part with the latest batch as I love them all! (on sale towards end of month).

Am looking forward to seeing your Undercover yarn, sssshhh...

WildPurl said...

A beautiful shawl, wow how fast is that! I am sure a person so resourceful as you are will find a solution to finishing it, but it must have been a bad moment when you ran out.

Badger said...

So are you off to Athens then?! We're got the flights booked and have are staying with friends, but it'll be the usual fun and games trying to find tickets ;)

Joy said...

Thanks for the supportive comments about the shawl everyone ;)

Badger - I am going to see The Who at the NIA on the 22nd, and in all fairness I'm not so sure about travelling ticketless to Athens on my own. It's bloody marevellous though isn't it!

Badger said...

It's the bestest! I can't wait, I'm worse than a kiddy waiting for christmas!